Stockton Area Criminal Lawyer Knows How To Protect Your Rights
Defense attorney experienced in central California justice system
I am Mark Thiel, a Stockton defense attorney with the inside knowledge and trial skills to forcefully challenge criminal charges for more than two decades. I am reputed as one of the most aggressive criminal defense lawyers in the central California area. Government lawyers that face me know I am always fully prepared and ready to mount a strong defense, which gives my clients an advantage during plea negotiations. In every case I handle, clients receive thorough advice and assertive advocacy.
Skilled advocacy from an attorney nominated as one of the best
When you’re confronted with criminal court charges, calling the right lawyer is key to launching a prompt and effective defense. It is advisable to find a firm like the Law Office of Mark A. Thiel, which offers:
- Accomplished trial advocacy — I have built a strong track record over two decades of service to Central Valley clients. Peer recognition includes a nomination as one of the top 100 trial lawyers in California and a term as president of the San Joaquin County Trial Lawyers Association.
- Aggressive litigation — Once retained as your defense lawyer, I set out immediately to determine the details of the criminal charges and to gather evidence and other information needed to conduct a vigorous defense. I will investigate and pursue every available remedy.
- Knowledgeable advice — With more than two decades of trial experience, I can fully assess the strengths and weaknesses of the government’s case and advise you authoritatively about your chances of success and the best options for your defense.
I care passionately about protecting each client’s rights and achieving justice. I strive to maximize the likelihood of a successful outcome by developing a thorough strategy for each client’s defense.
Experienced Stockton lawyer defends clients charged with any crime
At the Law Office of Mark A. Thiel, I provide criminal defense for clients in cases stemming from a range of charges, both felonies and misdemeanors. Regardless of the type or degree of the crime charged, I know how to proceed with all stages in the process, from discovery to plea negotiations to trial and post-trial procedures. I can defend against any of the following charges, no matter the complexity or gravity:
- Assault and Battery — Assault is the threat of violence, and battery is any violent or unwanted touching. Assault and battery charges may carry prison time.
- Conspiracy — You can be charged with conspiracy for entering into an agreement to commit a crime, exposing you to possible incarceration even though the actual crime is not committed.
- Drug crimes — These offenses range from simple possession to illegal manufacture and trafficking. Drug charges are defendable by raising constitutional and legal challenges.
- DUI/DWI and traffic infractions — Being convicted of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated or under drug influence can have serious consequences. I will pursue the best defense and remedies for DUI/DWI and other traffic violations.
- Gun and weapons crimes — Whether you’re accused of violating state laws on gun possession or federal laws on weapons sales, I will pursue a strategy designed to achieve the best result.
- Homicide — A defendant charged with a homicide faces a lifetime of incarceration, or in some cases, death. You need an attorney with experience and knowledge who is up to the task.
- Theft — Crimes involving theft another’s money or possessions include robbery, shoplifting, burglary and theft by deception.
- White collar crimes —We represent clients charged with fraud, embezzlement, extortion, conspiracy, tax evasion and other white collar crimes.
- Juvenile Offenses — I have represented juveniles in diverse criminal and noncriminal matters, seeking dispositions that avoid giving them criminal records that can limit future prospects.
I also provide post-conviction assistance, which includes help with appeals, probation and parole.
Hire one of central California’s premier criminal defense firms
At the Law Office of Mark A. Thiel, we care about justice and your rights. Call 209-851-4899 anytime —nights, weekends, holidays — and get a free, immediate response. Or contact me online to schedule a free initial consultation. Se habla español.