Stockton Area Lawyer Aggressive in Criminal Defense
Dedicated criminal lawyer has strong reputation in central California
If you or a family member has been accused of a crime, your first step should be to contact a criminal defense attorney who will represent you forcefully in court. I am Mark Thiel and for more than two decades I have been a staunch advocate for defendants throughout the central California area. Nominated as one of the top 100 trial lawyers in California, I am known to be one of the most aggressive defense attorneys in the state. I will work hard to preserve your rights and protect your reputation.
Attorney provides aggressive advocacy in all criminal cases
At the Law Office of Mark Thiel in Stockton, I strongly challenge the prosecution’s efforts to prove its case and do everything in my power to avoid a conviction or to reduce any sentence that might be imposed. I can effectively represent you if you have been charged with:
- Felonies — Crimes such as murder, sexual assault, armed robbery, arson and burglary are the most serious and carry the most serious penalties. A person convicted of a felony is sentenced to serve at least one year in a state or federal prison and may be committed for life.
- Misdemeanors — Misdemeanors are crimes such as disorderly conduct, simple assault, shoplifting and trespassing that are punishable by less than a year in prison. Although less serious than felonies, a conviction on your criminal record can limit your employment options.
- Drug Crimes — Charges of trafficking, distributing or possession of illegal substances or drug paraphernalia can result in heavy fines and extended time in jail. You can rely on my knowledge and my history of successful results to help eliminate or minimize the charges against you.
- DUI/DWI — If you have been charged with operating a vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol, driving with a suspended license or vehicular manslaughter, I can help. I also assist clients who need to get their drivers licenses restored or fight traffic tickets.
- Sexual offenses — Rape and sexual assault cases are often among the hardest for defendants to win. I have the experience and skills to successfully litigate these cases.
- White collar crimes — These types of crimes against an individual or company include fraud, embezzlement, extortion and misappropriation. They are often complex and require a knowledgeable attorney to conduct an effective investigation and defense.
A criminal record can impact your property, your freedom and your future. It can prevent you from pursuing higher education, securing a good job or traveling abroad. I do everything possible to avoid a conviction or reduce its gravity. I also can help you eliminate past criminal charges from your record, or get those records sealed so that you can move on with your life.
Contact a top criminal defense law firm in the Stockton area
At the Law Office of Mark A. Thiel, we care about justice and your rights. Call 209-951-9600 anytime —nights, weekends, holidays — and get a free, immediate response. Or contact me online to schedule a free initial consultation. Se habla español.